Friday 13 September 2013

What Does The Future Hold

Just so you know life in the future is great, todays date in Nepal is 05-28-2070. Let me know if you need to know anything about your future and I will be happy to oblige.

Worked from the Passage House again today as Uddhav was in the field with some other volunteers. Got quite a bit accomplished. I had myself all setup in the living room and had to go down to my room for something. I thought I was all by myself then this guy comes out of the storage room beside my room. I saw him earlier in the day talking to the security guard so I assumed he had some connection to CECI. Went out for lunch and when I came back he was sitting on the table outside my room talking on the phone. I got my computer, locked my door and headed up to the living room. I gave Babina a call to let her know that someone was in the house. She said she would check with reception to make sure it was alright, never heard back from her so I guess he was supposed to be there.

Went out to the Maple restaurant for supper tonight, not great. Service was super slow mind you that seems to be the norm here. One of the girls ordered some lemon drink and she said it tasted like Alka Seltzer, maybe it was to prepare her for the not so good meal. She said it was super salty, and told the waitress that she thought they added salt instead of sugar. The waitresses reply to this was you want more salt. To that Darrell replied no that is alright I will have a beer. I ordered a bottled water and what I got was hot water. I looked at it and said no I would like a bottled water. Supper was crazy expensive I think it cost me $1.80 cdn.

Got back home after our 2 hour supper and thought I would have a shower to cool down and get some of  the stink off. Turn on the propane to heat up the water turn on the tap and have water for 30 seconds. Say it isn’t so I am still stinky. Made my way down to the main floor to turn the pump on. Left it on for about 15 minutes and proceeded with my shower.
                                                                                  
It is almost 11:00 right now, think I am going to sign off. We are going for a city tour tomorrow and are being picked up at 7:30.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment