Sunday 15 September 2013

Another Lovey Day In Nepal

Got picked up at 8;00 A.M. by Shyam to go on another city tour. First stop was Nagarkot a Himalayan village at an elevation of 2195 metres and 32 km east of Kathmandu. The road to the village had a lot of twists and turns with steep drop offs. Once we got to the village we went up the stairs to the lookout point. Shyam was puffing and panting by the time we got to the top. I did great even thought I haven’t been working out. A lot of clouds today nonetheless it still was beautiful. Made some stops on the drive to take some pictures and it appears that I have big thumbs because they keep getting in the way and I have a few lovely pics of my thumb.

When we were heading out for the day Shyam said he needed some gas so he made a turn so he could go to the gas station. As soon as he had made the turn he realized that he was on the wrong road. It was a busy road  but that didn’t bother him so he backed up as traffic was coming up behind us until he came to the side road he needed and proceeded to go to the gas station. It didn’t phase him at all just another day driving in Kathmandu.

After Nagarkot we were off to Durbar Square in Bhukatpur. Went to purchase my ticket it cost 1,100 rupees and I had gave the attendant 2,000 rupees, He hands me the ticket and I kept saying you still owe me money. I was a little overwhelmed because there were quite a few guys all crowded around me. Got it sorted out thanks to Shyam and my guide and me were on our way. The tour was around 2 hours and I had time to do some shopping which made me very happy.  

 Shyam was going to take me to the monkey temple but I was tired and thought I had seen enough temples and I had seen monkeys the day before. I went to the Garden of Dreams for lunch and a much needed cafĂ© latte and walked around the garden until Shyam was ready to pick me up.

I am rather surprised at how quickly I have adapted to the traffic here. The cars and motorcycles whizzing by me as I am walking doesn’t phase me that much. Definitely will appreciate the infrastructure we have in Canada.

The power went out a little earlier than expected this evening, it was supposed to go out at 6:00 p.m. and it went out at 5:30 P.M. We have no water and since there is no power can’t even turn the pump on to fill the water. No need to stress since there isn’t anything I can do about. Soon it will be 8:00 and I can turn the pump on and we will have water once again.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment