Thursday 12 September 2013

Snow Day

In Canada we have snow days and we get to stay at home, in Nepal  they have bandh days and today is a bandh day. It is a political protest and travel is not advised so I am working out of the Passage House today. Word on the street is that the strike will be over by 5:00 P.M. Due to the bandh a lot of the businesses close.

What a beautiful day in the neighbourhood, it was quiet here due to the bandh, no honking horns, The dogs on the other hand didn’t care and they continued to bark. Went to the Trendy Café for lunch with my roomies. Not sure what I had but it was great, and it cost a wopping $3.00. I will go back tomorrow for lunch. Worked from home today, I have to admit I could get used to that. Mind you my roomies were around so I had company. Tomorrow they go for language classes so I will have the place to myself. Nice to have access to the internet in case I have any questions with Access, I have to share the internet with Uddhav at work and I don’t share well with others.

Right now I am sitting in the living with my trusty head lamp by my side, the power will be going out soon and I will be prepared this time.  

Enjoying my roommates, they are between 22 – 24, but since I am so young at heart I totally get along with them. You want to hear something funny, so we were sitting having lunch and I mentioned that I could be everyone’s mother. They all went  … yeah right and and I said uh yes I could and I told them how old Carissah was. So I divulged my real age and they were amazed, they thought I was in my 30’s. Apparently they all need glasses I know I don’t look that young.

Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhonda, Got your text this morning. Glad to hear you are doing well. I am enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete