Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Dogs

Went out for supper at the Roadhouse Café, I had hummus no Nepali food for me. Wasn’t all that hungry anyways just wanted something light. I can’t get used to walking at night without any street lights. I always have my trusty head lamp, but am still afraid I am going to trip or twist my ankle since the roads are a little rough here. Just as we were near home there is a lot of garbage and with that a lot of dogs, like a pack of dogs is more like it, and if that wasn’t enough add in a few cows. It was feeding time for everybody. The dogs don’t bother with you at all, thank goodness for that, since there is no way I am touching any of them.
 
Speaking of the dogs there are more than 20,000 stray dogs that live on the streets of Kathmandu. There is an organization Kathmandu Animal Treatment that will rescue the dogs and treat as needed and then release them back into  the streets. Even though I have seen many dogs while I  have been here, the fact that there were so many out last night rummaging through garbage just broke my heart.
 
Namaste

1 comment: