Saturday 15 June 2013

Just Blogging

I have sent all the documentation and obtained all the shots and sent this information off to Hilda at CECI, looks like my administrative file is now complete.

Sent an email to my host partner in Nepal to formally introduce myseaf and get some clarity on what their expectations were of me during my 3 week mandate. I knew that they wanted me to create a database for their cooperative members , I wanted to know what type of program they were working on and what exactly they wanted the database to do. Received an email from Uddhav (he is the manager in the office that I will be working in), he attached a sample spreadsheet for me to look at. He said that is was quite basic but would give me an idea of what they were looking for. Talked to my co-workers on how best to manipulate the data to able them to manage it. Leema  suggested working with Access, she said that there is so much more that can be done  with Access rather than working with Excel.  I have never created a database with Access I am not going to let that stop me. So, online I go to go through some tutorials and start creating.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Sis. New challenge, giving back to the world community as well as your local community. High Five.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete